Looking for help with a school issue? Interested in volunteering? Want to know more about how you can get involved in shaping our school? You've come to the right place!
GENERAL INFORMATION AND CONTACTS
- Absenteeism, school information and calendar: Carol Stepanis
- Placement, graduation and transitions: Cindy Kiburz
- Medication or medical concerns: Diane Melia, RN
- IEP information: Cindy Kiburz
- Schedules, curriculum or grades: Homeroom teacher or Thomas von Huene
- Social interactions: Homeroom teacher or counselor
- Emotions or clinical concerns: Counselor
- Family support services: Kristen Humber
- Child’s behavior or intervention and behavior/clinical support programs: Linda Johnson
At Dearborn Academy, we use a team approach for working with all of our students. We believe that parents are vital members of each student’s team. Our staff has expertise in the areas of education, counseling, child development and communication, but you are the best expert on your child.
Our staff will work with families and school systems to ensure that information and communication are translated for parents if they do not feel comfortable communicating in English.
- Parent Advisory Council
Dearborn Academy Parent Advisory Council (PAC) provides an open forum for parents and guardians of our students to share information regarding special education, to be a support and resource to each other and to become more active in the life of the school. If you are interested in being a part of the PAC, we welcome your participation!
- Clinical Services
Dearborn understands the challenges that come with dealing with the issues that your child may present or unresolved family issues and can support families with clinical services. You are welcome to explore your needs with one of our two family therapists.
- Holiday Clothing Exchange
Each year the Dearborn Academy conference room is transformed into an upscale boutique. Generous donors fill the room with good quality winter clothing and formal wear for job and college interviews. Extra items are donated to local charities. If you or your business wishes to make a gift to support this program, we welcome your contributions! Please email us.
Read more on group, individual or family therapy.
Visit these valuable resources and learn more.